Mixed vegetable curry is packed with flavors. This recipe calls for a lot of spices.
Cooking Time: 40 mins
Calorie Count: 259 Kcal per serving
1. Heat 3-4 tablespoon of oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion, cook for 2 minutes. Add cayenne and cook until onion is translucent.
2. Add two tablespoon of curry powder, one teaspoon of all spice powder, nutmeg powder, cumin powder and one tablespoon of smoked paprika, one teaspoon pepper, dried thyme leaves. After adding Spice Mix, start cooking. Keep stirring constantly, for 1 - 2 minutes until the spice is fragrant and wet. If too dry, add a tiny touch of water or oil.
3. Add capsicum and zucchini, cook for 1 minute.
4. Add tomato, broth, potato and cauliflower. Mix well, bring to simmer, cover, lower heat to medium.
5. Simmer for 15 minutes or until potato is pretty soft, then remove lid and simmer for another 10 minutes+ until sauce is slightly thickened and potato is soft.
6. Add peas, stir, and cook for 2 minutes. Add coriander and spinach, stir until wilted.
7. Season to taste until salt and pepper. Serve over rice. Garnish with yoghurt or fresh cream and more coriander.
Healthy Version: Kerala Vegetable Stew Recipe
Cooking Time: 40 min
Calorie count: 201 Kcal
Stew with a twist: A simple vegetable stew cooked with the goodness and flavor of coconut milk. A stew is another comfort dish that requires very little time and ingredients and is extremely light on the stomach. Choose your veggies such as carrots, cauliflower and French beans and prepare this stew at home along with cloves, cardamom, cinnamon green chilies, ginger and curry leaves simmered well in coconut milk.
Health benefits: Vegetable stew is nutritious and helps in weight loss. It has a lot of key nutrients including vitamins and minerals. It helps to fill us up so we eat less. Nutritionally this is also beneficial as the nutrients found in vegetables including many water soluble vitamins such as vitamin B, C, K as well as dietary fibre and a range of minerals, also helps to regulate the digestive tract and ensure that we get the number of key nutrients we need each and every day. Coconut milk stimulates weight loss and lowers cholesterol. Coconuts contain a lipid called lauric acid, which supports immune system.